We provide a range of compliance services to support all aspects of business administration. We can help you by making sure accounts are prepared in the correct format, statutory books and other company secretarial records are kept up-to-date and that all statutory returns are prepared. Our experienced team will relieve you of the regulatory burden and leave you more time to concentrate on your core business activities. In short, we will make sure everything is in the right format, in the right place and at the right time.
Our range of compliance services includes:
- annual accounts
- company secretarial services
- payroll procedures including Real Time Information and Pensions Auto Enrolment compliance
- construction industry scheme (CIS) returns
- tax returns and
- Grant claims.
What we do…
- We prepare accounts annually or for a specified period of time for sole traders and partnerships to assist in the completion of their self-assessment tax returns.
- We prepare financial statements for limited companies and limited liability partnerships to be filed at Companies House. Limited companies also require financial statements to be presented to HMRC with their corporation tax return.
- Where possible we can also file abridged accounts with Companies House to ensure the minimum amount of your financial information is made publicly available.
- All accounts are prepared to satisfy filing deadlines with Companies House and HMRC and can be prepared under pre-agreed timescales.
Remember that accounts are prepared under the basis of historical data. So what other benefits can we provide you with besides standard compliance?
- We take time to explain your accounts to you so that you fully understand the figures and disclosures being made. This will help you understand further the financials of your business, and in doing so help you to plan and make future business decisions.
- We will identify areas where we can assist in minimising your tax liability.
- We will identify weaker areas within your business to help give you the best possible opportunity to make improvements and decide what actions you may need to take.
- We will work alongside you to develop future strategies and goals, and help measure your progress towards those that already exist.
Incorporated businesses have several different areas and legislation to comply with, and this can become another unnecessary headache for business owners.
We can help business owners to fulfil this role…
- Provision of registered office facilities.
- Submission of statutory documents.
- Preparation and filing of company confirmation statements (previously annual return).
- Maintaining statutory registers.
- Assistance with company meetings; including giving notice, drafting agendas, being present if required, and preparing meeting minutes.
- Completion of stock transfer forms.
- Preparation of share certificates.
- Carrying out company searches.
The last thing as a business you want to do is make a mistake when paying your employees! Payroll can be time consuming and complex in some circumstances, and we can run and operate payroll services for your business.
- Providing you with employee payslips;
- Payroll summary reports with every pay run;
- Providing you with any tax liability to pay to HMRC;
- Dealing with starters and leavers;
- Posting payroll journals into bookkeeping software;
- Filing Real Time Information (RTI) PAYE returns with HMRC;
- Year-end returns and reports, including employee P60’s and P11d benefit and expenses returns.
- Offsetting CIS tax deducted from your sales against PAYE liabilities;
- Advising on tax efficient remuneration packages for company directors.
If you are comfortable to deal with payroll “in-house”, we can also offer advice on software solutions and training and support packages.
Pensions Auto Enrolment
If you employ at least one person you must have a pension scheme set-up to be able to offer them to join. In some cases, if they earn over particular thresholds they must be automatically enrolled on to the pension scheme.
We can help assist you with this, including:
- Explaining to you and helping you to understand how a company pension scheme works and why it requires setting up;
- Setting up a pension scheme;
- Managing the scheme – this will involve keeping a record of staff and how and when they need to be enrolled depending on each individual circumstance, enrolling staff where necessary on to the scheme, and submitting pension contributions to the pension provider;
- Operating the scheme alongside your payroll scheme.
Construction Industry Scheme (CIS)
If you operate within the construction industry and use subcontractors, then you will need to complete and submit monthly CIS returns.
We can help assist you with this including:
- Preparing and submitting monthly CIS returns with HMRC;
- Providing you with subcontractor payslips;
- Providing you with any tax liability to pay to HMRC.
Require more information?
If you would like more information or would like to speak to us direct then call us on 01452 764018. Or if you would prefer, ask us a question online.